Why choose Hardwater Kiting?
Hardwater Kiting is the only dedicated snow specific kite school and kite retailer in the United States.
WHAT SETS US APART?
1) Almost 2 decades of intense, pure, dedicated New England lake based snow kiting experience.
Experience paired with tireless research gives us the expertise needed to know what lakes work best in a given wind condition and how to avoid potentially dangerous areas to offer our clients a safe and fun session in some pretty amazing places around New England.
We aren't a kite surf company trying to play at snowkiting.
We don't pretend to be experts in kitesurf and we leave kite surfing to those who do it.
Unfortunately, some companies don't hold themselves to that level of honesty.
2) We have one of only four IKO trained snow kite specific instructors in the country.
3) We use a well researched and monitored network of 40 launch sites within 40 minutes of our home base here in beautiful North Conway NH.
in addition to the support of a small network of observers that we rely on to give us updates on lake conditions that we cannot easily check ourselves.
A huge part of our workload is inspecting and assessing the ice and surface conditions on the lakes we ride.
4) 20 years of New England ski shop technical experience and even more years of skiing Northern New England back-country, mostly in and around the Mount Washington/White Mountains Region. This experience translates well to snow kiting and gives us the expertise to serve our customers well when it comes to selecting the best gear combinations for a wide range of snow-kite conditions. Having the best kite doesn't help if what you have on your feet isn't right.
5) In addition to providing professional snowkite instruction, Hardwater Kiting also supplies some of the best equipment for any snow kite adventure. As the largest authorized Northern New England dealer of great snow-kite brands Ozone, HQ and GIN so in addition to lessons we also offer a full range of kite options.
Our gear offerings are based on first hand experience. WE ACTUALLY USE WHAT WE SELL and we offer demos for those who want to try before they buy.
6) Experience. Experience that we count not only in years but in mileage as well with literally tens of thousands of miles of riding under our belts. All of which on various types and makes of ram air foils.
In a world where other's are just discovering the benefits of foil kites, we are some of the most experienced foil fliers on the planet and experts in using depower foil kites.
We have a 17 year head start!
When it comes to learning, choosing and purchasing foils we feel our experience is a huge asset to kiters looking to buy the right foil for their needs. Snow kiting is our passion, our livelihood and our business.
For us its not a hobby or side gig to get cheap gear. Its what puts food on the table, keeps the heat on and drives us to share our 17 years of in depth, snow kite specific experience with our clients and customers to afford them the best gear and best winter kiting experience possible .
Hardwater Kiting is proudly supported by a snow kite community of local riders, "long distance" locals, students and clients.
We strive to return that support and give back to those who love snow kiting as much as we do.
Hardwater Kiting , often imitated but never duplicated. Accept no substitutes. :-)
"By Snow Kiters for Snow Kiters."
The Heart and Soul of the North Country Snow kite Community.