What do we do?
Hardwater Kiting is the only dedicated snow specific kite retailer and instruction company in the United States.
A bit about what set Hardwater Kiting apart from other kitesports companies...
1) Owner, Chris Krug, has almost 2 decades of intense, pure, dedicated New England snow/ice kiting experience.
Experience paired with tireless research offers expertise required to know what lakes work best in a given wind condition and how to avoid potentially dangerous areas. All in an effort to offer our clients a safe and fun session in some pretty amazing places around New England.
Hardwater Kiting isn't a kite surf company that dabbles at snowkiting to get through the winter months. This is a dedicated snowkiting company run by someone dedicated to snowkite.
Our focus is purely winter based kiting on snow and ice.
If this isn't of value to you and you think that someone bigger who's focus is kitesurf is a better option, that's ok, it simply means you probably aren't our customer.
2) Hardwater Kiting has one of only four IKO trained snow kite specific instructors in the country.
There's a lot to becoming proficient at kiting. Knowing the technique, the gear, the environment all plays a part in your success as a kiter. Education keeps people safe and keeps our riding areas open.
Before you take someone's recommendation on a kite, an area or technique, ask them how long they've been snow kiting. And ask them what they can do to show you how to do it safely.
3) We use a well researched and monitored network of 60 launch sites within 2 hours of beautiful North Conway NH.
In addition to the support of a small network of observers that we rely on to give us updates on lake conditions that we cannot easily check ourselves.
A huge part of our workload is inspecting and assessing the ice and surface conditions on the lakes we ride so we can access the best conditions and the best margin of safety on the ice.
4) 20+ years of New England ski shop technical experience and even more skiing Northern New England back-country.
Mostly from in and around the Mount Washington/White Mountains Region, this experience translates well to snow kiting and gives us the expertise to serve our customers well when it comes to selecting the best gear combinations for a wide range of snow-kite conditions.
Having the best kite doesn't help if what you have on your feet isn't right.
5) In addition to providing professional snowkite instruction, Hardwater Kiting also supplies some of the best equipment for any snow kite adventure. HWK is the largest authorized Northern New England dealer of great snow-kite brands like Ozone, HQ and Flysurfer. So in addition to lessons we also offer a full range of kite options.
Our gear offerings are based on first hand experience. WE ACTUALLY USE WHAT WE SELL and we offer demos for those who want to try before they buy.
6) Experience. Experience that we count not only in years but in mileage, again, with literally tens of thousands of miles of riding under our belts. All of which on various types and makes of ram air foils and single skin kites.
In a world where other's are just discovering the benefits of foil kites, we are some of the most experienced foil fliers on the planet and experts in using depower foil kites Hardwater Kiting has a 17 year headstart.
When it comes to learning, choosing and purchasing foils we feel our experience is a huge asset to kiters looking to buy the right foil for their needs. Snow kiting is our passion, our livelihood and our business.
For us its not a hobby or side gig to get cheap gear for ourselves or our bros.
Its what puts food on the table, keeps the heat on and drives us to share our 17 years of in depth, snow kite specific experience with our clients and customers to afford them the best gear and best winter kiting experience possible .
Hard to believe?,
Come find out for yourselves.
Hardwater Kiting is proudly supported by a snow kite community of local riders, "long distance" locals, students and clients.
We strive to return that support and give back to those who love snow kiting as much as we do.
Hardwater Kiting , often imitated but never duplicated. Accept no substitutes. :-)
"By Snow Kiters for Snow Kiters."
The Heart and Soul of the North Country Snow kite Community.
(Accept no substitutes)