The Subzero V1 is a completely new design dedicated purely for Snowkiting. Together with our latest design understanding it combines our favorite characteristics of the legendary Frenzy and Summit models into one all-round performance open cell foil kite.
Freeriders will feel at home with the Subzero.
Our design team has refined the bridle configuration to offer an amazing feeling on the bar. The new planform and profiles offer ultimate stability in gusty winds and optimized strap positions distribute load evenly throughout the sail, this all translates to smooth, predictable power delivery and snappy handling.
The Subzero allows the adventurous to push the boundaries of the snowy backcountry. It has incredible potential due to its fast direct handling and amazing power generation in light winds, but also big de-power in strong winds. The Subzero’s enhanced stability makes difficult backcountry rides and mountain climbing more accessible and enjoyable. Combine that with our revolutionary Internal Re-Ride Release System and you have the ultimate backcountry Snowkite.
The Subzero V1 is available as a Kite Only option with the lightweight Kompressor Bag, or Kite Complete with the Contact-Snow Control System and Technical Mountain Backpack. We recommend adding the Snowkite Kompressor Bag to the kite complete option to keep your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
- Industry leading Re-Ride Release System - looses all power in the kite and ready to ride after activating again.
- Leading Edge Opening Battens - The battens enhance structure of the openings, this means quicker and easier inflation.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps - This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the kites top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed shape and profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System - Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- Double pulley Speed System - Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
- High quality Oz Tex 40D -. This material sets the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics for snow specific kites.
- Blow out valves - Under surface blow-out-valves help avoid damage by releasing excess internal air pressure if the kite is crashed into the ground.
- Dirt-out wing tips - The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite.